Yard Cards by MBR Blog Stork Rental Service Crown Point, IN
I mentioned in an earlier post how having a blog on your website can be very advantageous to your stork rental business. I shared how posting 2-3 times a week using good keywords in the content would boost you in the search engine rankings because it keeps your content updated.
In this post I want to share some other reasons to have a blog and some ideas of what to blog about.
A blog doesn’t just help your rankings. A blog can help your business in other ways, too. Here are a few:
1. It’s a great way to promote your business and get it in front of more people.
2. Sharing information that’s of value to your readers builds relationships with them and keeps them coming back to your website. And that helps keep your business “front of mind” with them.
3. Regular blog posts let your clients/prospects know your business is active and growing. That way they’re more likely to use you . . . and refer people to you.
And having a blog doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of time writing every week. A blog post doesn’t have to be very long. In fact, it can be a 1-2 sentence overview with a link to an interesting article. Or it can be a photograph with a brief description.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
1. Share information on your blog that brings value to your clients/prospects. Since this business is about new babies, you could share a link to an article that gives new parents information they can use, or to a review of a book that would be helpful to them. Possibly share a promotion or contest at a local store they could benefit from. Or a vendor you know who’s reliable and would be helpful to new parents.
2. Take pictures of stork signs you set up and create a blog post about them. You don’t have to share any personal details, just enough information to be interesting. If you travel to several different communities, be sure to post about each of them at different times so people know everywhere you deliver storks. You can link these blog posts to social media sites and reach even more people.
3. If you’re in a smaller community where your clients/prospects know who you are, you may want to share when something exciting happens in your own family. Maybe someone graduates, or gets engaged or married, or will soon have a stork in their yard! You decide if/when to share personal information and how much, but keeping in touch with your clients/prospects by sharing personal milestones every once in a while is a great way to connect with them.
4. Give your clients a behind-the-scenes glimpse of your stork rental business. Take a few pictures of you preparing the stork with the new baby’s information and then setting up the stork sign in the yard. Maybe even a picture with the new family, the person who purchased the rental or with the new baby’s sibling(s) as he checks out the sign that has his name on it.
5. Interview one of your clients. Let them share how excited they were when they saw the stork in the yard when they came home from the hospital. How much it meant to have everyone who passed their home know that they had a new family member. If you receive a thank you note or thank you email you can share an excerpt from it.
A blog doesn’t cost a lot, doesn’t require much time . . . but can add a lot of value to your stork rental business.
Do you have a blog yet?